This could be it people. I get people from all over coming to read my blog because of the former post and tutorial I did on hacking the La fonera, but a lot of people have come here in hopes of a new hack. Some have come looking for a R3 hack. It appears this wait is over.
* First this is not my hack or tutorial so I have no way to verify this info is 100% working. I would be willing to try this on someone elses router should someone sent it to me.
In the newest firmware FON had blocked the “internal” DNS that is used for downloading updates. This rendered the modification of the DNS useless or so they thought!
In order to preform the new hack you must have the following:
- You must have a Router
- You must be able to set the Routers IP to :184.108.40.206
- You must be able to set the Routers DNS to: 220.127.116.11
First make sure your router is not plugged into the internet. Next connect to the La Fonera (default MyPlace) and access http://192.168.10.1 /. Once logged in go to Advanced Options / Connect and insert 18.104.22.168 as IP, 255.255.255.0 as the subnet, 22.214.171.124 as the Gateway and DNS. Then save the La fonera and restart. It should revert the firmware back to 0.7.1 r1. *note some people said you may have to reboot the La Fonera a few times in order for this to work.
Now save the below cost as a HTML doc.
Once you have executed this command you can loggin via SSH and follow the other tutorials on hacking the firmware.
Quick setup would be:
1. Set the non-fon router IP to 126.96.36.199
2. Set both primary and alternate DNS on non-fon router to 188.8.131.52
3. Plug Fon router into the non-fon router
4. Connect via the private wireless (MyPlace) to the Fon router
5. Navigate to 192.168.10.1
6. Click on Advanced Options / Connect. Select static IP and enter 184.108.40.206 as IP, as a mask 255.255.255.0, and 220.127.116.11 both as a gateway and as DNS.
7. Then push the reset button on the router or unplug the router and replug it in
8. Wait for the router to reboot(at least 3 minutes) and then wait another 5(Just in case)
9. Try to SSH into 192.168.10.1 via the wireless
10. If that does not work, do 7 to 9 over again
After I SSH’d into the router I disconnected the fon router from the non fon router and flashed the firmware.